Walk For Atonement
This is a miraculous process. It works best up a mountain trail, a path through the woods, or up several flights of stairs. It can be done anywhere as long as each step is deliberate and accompanied by the prescribed confession. It can be done regarding your life in general or regarding a specific situation or regarding a specific person.
To relieve upsets and suffering.
Relief from hostilities, upsets, and victimhood. New life.
1. To begin your exercise, you will need to pick a direction and a destination.
2. With each step toward your destination, whisper an action you have done or a thought or an intention you have had that was motivated by fear or anger. (Include any act you are reluctant to express or for which you feel guilt, any act for which you have a justifying belief or for which you feel a need to explain. Also include any non-actions when you really should have acted.)
3. At your destination, contemplate spans of time.
4. For each step you take on your return, think of someone and whisper the blessing, "May you be happy and well."
5. Release all thoughts and events to the past, and experience the sights, sounds, and sensations of the present moment with appreciation.
For self-abasement or self-abnegation:
• Use self-criticisms for instruction 2 and "I am happy and well" for instruction 4.
• Follow this exercise with criticism of others for instruction 2 and "okay" to something for instruction 4.
For being worried or troubled:
• Use imagine something worse (than the worry or trouble) for instruction 2 and "I am grateful for ______" for instruction 4.
For any period of time right before you made (or are about to make) a major change in your life:
• Use something you were trying to keep secret for instruction 2 and something you could reveal for instruction 4.
Excerpted with permission from ReSurfacing: Techniques for Exploring Consciousness by Harry Palmer ©1994, 1997, 2002, 2006
All content copyright 2008, Star’s Edge, Inc. EPC is a service mark of Star's Edge, Inc. Avatar®, ReSurfacing®, Thoughtstorm®, Love Precious Humanity®, Enlightened Planetary Civilization® and Star’s Edge International® are registered trademarks of Star’s Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.